Genie’s Dreamy Cocoa No 3 Rollout Cookies
3 cups AP flour (Genie uses Costco organic)
1/2 tsp pink sea salt
2/3 cup Genie's Dream Cocoa No 3 (sifted)
1/4 tsp baking powder (don’t leave this out, these cookies hold their shape with it in)
Whisk these ingredients in a bowl and set aside
1 cup unsalted butter (semi-softened)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp Genie's Dream Clearly Not Vanilla flavoring
- Sift the three sugars together into a bowl (to to sure you don’t get lumps of brown sugar) and set aside.
- Then partially cream your butter before you add in the three sugars then finish creaming and add in the egg & vanilla.
- Gradually add in the flour, salt, baking powder & cocoa mixture until a soft dough forms that doesn’t stick to your fingers. (At first it may look a little crumbly but it will come together nicely).
- Roll dough 1/4” thick between 2 sheets of parchment. (I put my parchment on a genie UltiMat on my counter to keep it from slipping).
- Chill sheets of dough for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Cut cookies into desired shapes and bake on a silicone mat or parchment lined baking sheet for approx 7-10 minutes. For reference, I bake a 2.5” round for 7 minutes. (i.e. a 1” cookie baked for about 5 1/2 minutes).
- The center will appear a bit shiny, but you do not want to over bake or they will be dry.
- After the cookies are slightly cooled transfer to a wire rack.